There is plenty of different kind of fall jackets to choose before the fall and winter season, but only the leather jacket has been chosen by the fashionistas to be the jacket every man should own and invest in their lifetime.
Leather coat or jacket never ever vanish from the fashion circle and always looks timeless, classic, and has the most splendorous sartorial look whoever wears it. Investment in leather jacket is just one time and can be last for many years without getting damage. Of course, you have to make sure to take a good care of the leather jacket constantly.
Choosing the best leather coat or jacket can be tricky because you may end up buying a leather jacket that doesn’t fit into your body shape or you probably will spend $250 for a jacket that you dislike after you wear it. We definitely don’t want to see you sell it on ebay.com after you get the jacket on the first day.
Here are The Few Tips to Know Before Choosing a Cool and Classic Leather Coat or Jacket:
1. Be prepared to invest a minimum of $250. Although a good quality leather jacket could cost around $500 or more, but if you can wait until sales period you might get a cheaper price.
2. Go for traditional design, which includes bomber, biker, or sport jacket which are a zipped coat as well. Choose a medium length jacket, which is above your tight. But this has no limitation, if you prefer waist or hip-length coats, you can always go for it as both of these jackets are versatile.
3. For jacket’s color, pick the most safer and trending color which is black. Likewise, you can consider shades of brown if you are not a fan of black color.
4. Next, understand the different textures from buttery soft, thin leather to thicker and more resilient jackets. Fabric is also another important factor to consider, whether to choose from animal skins or go for synthetic leather which is more cheaper in cost.
5. Make sure the leather jacket you receive is perfectly made. Ensure the joints of each part are strong, the collar and pockets lie flat and the bottom hem is straight. Examine the lining for strong seams, specifically in the pockets where you can get a great deal of wear and tear.
Tips on How to Take Care of Your Leather Jacket:
- Keep your leather jacket either flat or on a wide, tough, padded hanger to prevent stretch marks. Make certain to never use a plastic cover.
- Take care of the spots constantly. When in doubt take the jacket to the laundry shop.
- Keep your leather away from water as it will diminish the natural oils on the surface. If get wet, allow them to dry naturally and away from extreme heat.
- If the leather appears to be losing its luster, it can be oiled with mink oil to enhance its appearance.
- Frequent oiling of leather will keep your leathers supple and improve their life expectancy drastically.
Now you’ve learned the fashion tips on how to choose and take care a cool leather jacket, it’s time for you to consider what kind of leather jackets to invest. We’ve curated 50+ different types of leather jacket pictures for the coming fall and winter season, we hope you will get the idea what to buy or invest next for your fall fashion.